Stephen SpataroOf Counsel
- Business law
- Civil litigation
- Intellectual property
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A. Political Science
- Western State University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Southern California Law Center, Entertainment Litigation, Advanced Professional Program
- Mediation Certification, Institute For Conflict Management, LLC
Stephen A. Spataro commands a wide range of experience handling trademarks, brands, trade dress, domain names, copyrights, visual arts, licensing, additional intellectual property, and related business law and litigation. Mr. Spataro’s business and litigation experience has focused on trademarks, trade names, domain names, trade dress, copyrights, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights, and other intellectual property, licensing and other contracts, publishing, advertising, technology, software and related trades. Based in Los Angeles, California, he practices before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and in Federal and State Courts from San Francisco to San Diego.
- California, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Mr. Spataro has substantial jury trial and complex intellectual property and business litigation experience.
During his legal career, Mr. Spataro has represented a full range of individuals and businesses. He often serves as outside general counsel for small and medium size businesses, focusing on intellectual property matters. His clients have included corporations in an array of fields, including major brands, stock photography agencies, software, technology, and multimedia companies, photographers and other professional visual artists, and visual artists’ trade associations. He has also represented producers and directors, manufacturers, film distributors, and others who have trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property and related interests.
- International Trademark Association
- United States Copyright Society
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
If you’d like a free consultation, please start by completing the form: