- General Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Law
- Entertainment & Media Litigation
- Entertainment & Business Transactions
- Loyola Law School; J.D., 2019
- New York University; B.M., Music Business, 2012
Mr. Keyes is an associate at Rome & Associates. His areas of expertise include commercial litigation, intellectual property law, and entertainment law. Mr. Keyes has represented a variety of clients in the entertainment and media industries, including film producers, financiers, record labels, recording artists, news publishers, and public figures. Mr. Keyes also has extensive experience in intellectual property practice, having represented iconic brands in trademark prosecution and enforcement.
Representative matters include obtaining dismissal of a defamation case against a news publisher through an anti-SLAPP motion; defending a legacy recording artist at mediation, resulting in the plaintiffs settling for one tenth of their original demand; representing a business seller in a seven-figure asset purchase deal; and providing sample clearance services for a Billboard-charting single. Prior to his legal career, Mr. Keyes worked in the recording and music publishing industries, where he represented platinum-selling artists and Grammy nominees.
Mr. Keyes is admitted to practice law in the State of California, and in the Central District of California. When he is not practicing law, he can usually be found attending a show at one of Los Angeles’ many concert venues. He has been told that he makes an exceptionally good Old-Fashioned.
Awards & Honors:
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship, Loyola Law School
- Dean’s Honor List, Loyola Law School
- International Intellectual Property — First Honors, Loyola Law School
If you’d like a free consultation, please start by completing the form: