Rome & Associates represents businesses in general litigation matters in state and federal courts, in addition to mediations, arbitrations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. We have the knowledge and expertise to handle all stages of business disputes, from inception through trial and appeal, when necessary.
Known for our depth of experience, we provide you with skillful representation and achieve positive results. Understanding that litigation can be a substantial drain on resources, we also offer you strategic advice and litigation avoidance counseling.
Our attorneys have experience working with corporations in various capacities, and we each bring a unique perspective to business litigation, allowing us to handle matters in many different industries and disciplines, including:
- Business and commercial disputes
- Contract disputes
- Business torts such as fraud, misrepresentation, conversion and interference with contract
- Actions for unfair competition, unfair and deceptive trade practices and false advertising
- Property ownership disputes
- Shareholder actions
- Profit participation disputes
- Insurance disputes
- Actions involving Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 (CAN-SPAM)
- Our firm secured actual and punitive damages amounting to more than $1 million in a jury trial on behalf of an investor. The client was defrauded out of funds through a scam involving multiple shell companies, nominee agents and stock manipulation. Our attorneys successfully obtained a decision against the fraudulent company and the promoter of its stock.
- We obtained a $3.75 million judgment against the director of a Ponzi scheme that was made to look like a futures trading company. In the same case, we secured an additional $3.75 million judgment against the defendant’s attorney who enabled the fraud.
- After original counsel failed to finalize a legal malpractice matter relating to the collapse of a $50 million hedge fund for more than a year, our firm was brought in and resolved the matter within two months.